Pilates Physiotherapy is a well-established method of exercise that is now also used extensively for rehabilitation after Injury.
When taught by an appropriately qualified instructor, Pilates Physiotherapy is a safe and effective form of exercise and complements the medical management of many injuries
- Targets the deep abdominal, spinal and pelvic floor muscles, often referred to as ‘the core’
- Emphasises efficiency of movement and an understanding of how to move
- Assists in retraining the way you move
- Improves body awareness, muscle balance, movement control, strength and flexibility
Pilates Physiotherapy is provided at LifeCare Prendiville by Physiotherapists who have completed significant post graduate training in Pilates Exercise Programming.
- LifeCare Prendiville provides fully equipped Pilates facilities.
- LifeCare Prendiville Pilates Physiotherapists provide personalised assessment and treatment programs.
- LifeCare Prendiville Pilates is suitable for everyone, from the 10-year-old to the elderly, and can be adapted to suit all needs.
- Each client undertakes an initial Pilates Assessment with a Pilates Physiotherapist which may involve the use of Real Time Ultrasound to ensure correct muscle activation.
LifeCare Prendiville Pilates Physiotherapists can assist with:
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Lower back and pelvic pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Postural problems
- Improving sporting performance
- Chronic pain
- Rehabilitation after motor vehicle or work related accidents.
- Recovery from sports injuries
The Service is Eligible for Private Health Rebates. No referral is necessary, however bookings are essential.